Join with us at Hazak Events!
Education, Entertainment & Eating
Our underlying goals are kept in mind when planning programs: make new friends, renew friendships, and enrich synagogue life. Programs adhere to the “three E’s”: entertainment, education, and of course eating. HAZAK programs have been varied, and the response has been remarkably enthusiastic. Our program for those 55 and over has gained national attention.
Over 100 members of CAA have joined the HAZAK chapter. HAZAK members have enjoyed bus trips to the McNay Museum in San Antonio and the Museum of the Pacific War in Fredericksburg; monthly dinner gatherings, educational programs including brunch in the Sukkah with Jewish music, good food and talks by Rabbi Kobrin ahd Rabbi Swedroe, rebbes’ tisches, beer tasting with Dr. Harvey Rabin, participation in the CAA History Project, recording stories from our WW2 veterans, inter-generational gatherings, dinner- dances, fielding winning teams for the annual Kosher Chili Cook-off, and our famous “Latkes and Vodkas” annual Hanukkah party with music and good food. Our “Pray and Stay” is a traditional Friday night services, speaker and Onegs have been well-attended.
Events planned for 2015-16 include a continuing our successful programming and adding new and interesting programs based on input from our members including:
• Dinner Out - First Mondays.
• Pray and Stay - Quarterly
• Brunch in the Sukkot; September 29
• Chili Cook Off Team. Feb. 2016
• Jewish Film and Book Festivals Sponsorship
• Christmas Dinner and a Movie
• Valentine Day Dance. Feb 14, 2016
• Grandparent/volunteering events
• Visit traveling show at the UT stadium “Holocaust and the 1936 Olympics”.
• Vodka tasting party at Twin Liquors,
• Museums of Austin, when all museums are free.
• Round Rock Express Game
• Gourmet dinner at an upscale restaurant.
To join one spouse must be 55 or over and is a member of CAA. Annual dues are $19 per person which is use to offset the cost of our activities. Simply make your check out to “Hazak” , include your email address , and mail it to:
c/o Judy Gedalia
7300 Hart Lane
Austin, TX 78731